4FT. X 6FT. GRAND CANYON PAINTING

4FT. X 6FT. GRAND CANYON PAINTING
This painting recently sold at the Celebration Of Fine Art 2012 event In Scottsdale, AZ. It was painted from a view at Yavapai Point when Sammee and I visited the national park in 2006..

Friday, January 6, 2012

DELAYED 2 DAYS

I didn't leave for Scottsdale until this morning, which is the 6th of January. I was delayed for a couple of days because of a personal matter which needed resolution. By yesterday afternoon, I did all I could to bring the matter to a close and determined I had to be on the road by this morning.

My old Mazda B300 pickup, a year 2000 model only has a V6. I figured she could handle pulling my camper/trailer with a load of my paintings, that is, until she started running really rough. I am averaging between 45 - 50 mph and have to give her a full drink of unleaded gas about every 120 miles. So far, I have traveled about 185 miles. It is 424 miles to Pheonix from here in Panguich, Utah. At the moment, I am sitting in a gas stop lounge area. They have free internet, so I figured this may be my only opportunity to post on my blog. I also topped the old girl's gas tank off. NExt stop; Kanab, Utah. Kanab is right near the border of Utah/Arizona. Before I get to Kanab, I have 3 big hills to climb. Wish me luck. I'm getting back on the road. Talk to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment