4FT. X 6FT. GRAND CANYON PAINTING

4FT. X 6FT. GRAND CANYON PAINTING
This painting recently sold at the Celebration Of Fine Art 2012 event In Scottsdale, AZ. It was painted from a view at Yavapai Point when Sammee and I visited the national park in 2006..

Saturday, January 14, 2012

OPENING DAY

Last night was the artist's reception. This was a VIP night where only Celebrations top collectors were invited to attend. Some artists sold a painting or two last night. At my booth, a senior couple from Chicago stopped to admire my work as I introduced myself. They said they would be coming back over the next 10 weeks of the event.

This morning, an Arizona couple in their mid forties stopped by, admiring my "In Search Of Sweeter Grasses" painting which is featured in the American Art Collector Magazine this month (January 2012 issue). The couple showed me a picture of a wall space in their home and took measurements of the outside dimensions of the art piece. The canvas is 60 inches high by 48 inches wide. Looks like in a day or two, I may have this painting out on trial for 24 hours in their home. They said they'll be back. Looks like the Chicago couple has some serious competition.

If you've ever watched me paint, you know I stand up to paint. My legs got really tired today, so I took a walk and visited some artists I am now good friends with. While I painted away, I heard what sounded like a party going on at another side of the big tent. While out for my stroll, I discovered what all the excitement was... About a dozen male artists were gathered around a big screen TV watching the final exciting moments of an NFL game. After that, I didn't feel guilty leaving my booth for a few minutes.

I got a good start on 12 inch by 24 inch painting today. Fellow artist, Santiago Mikaelek. liked the way it was looking. It is always good to get feedback from other artists.

Tomorrow is Sunday. I have a few things I need to do at my booth tomorrow morning, then I will take a break for a few hours to attend church. After church (about noonish), I will return to watch my studio. Sundays are often the bast sales days at this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment