4FT. X 6FT. GRAND CANYON PAINTING

4FT. X 6FT. GRAND CANYON PAINTING
This painting recently sold at the Celebration Of Fine Art 2012 event In Scottsdale, AZ. It was painted from a view at Yavapai Point when Sammee and I visited the national park in 2006..

Monday, January 2, 2012

ON THE ROAD TO SCOTTSDALE, AZ



Tomorrow (January 4th, 2012), I will be on the road to Scottsdale, Arizona for the big Celebration Of Fine Art 2012 event. This will be a three month adventure where I have a booth under a 40,00 square foot tent, along with 99 other artists. each booth becomes the artist's gallery and studio for the 90 day period. The artists who are participating, come from all over the United States and Canada. Seventeen of us will be attending who are from Utah. I live in Payson, Utah. Looking at the Arizona map, I noticed that this great state also has a Payson, northeast of Scottsdale. I wonder if any Russell Ricks' live there too?

My plan is to stop and plein air paint as well as take photographs on the way down to Scottsdale. I will be taking 16 finished paintings, 14 of which are framed and several partially finished art works to finish when I get to my final destination in the big sunny state. I will be posting photos of scenery and my paintings as I head down and the goings on of the big tent event. Upon my return to Utah at the end of March, I will get back to my studio and focus on several paintings for a corporate client's offices. 2012 will be a very busy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment